[cvsnt] Accessing a CVSNT server from a windows XP Home Client

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Feb 29 23:52:05 GMT 2004

Peter Crowther wrote:
>>From: pkas at ait.gr [mailto:pkas at ait.gr]
>>Hallo, I have recentrly installed CVSNT on a windows XP Professional
>>machine which is connected in a standalone workgroup with
>>some other PC's running Windows XP Home.
>
> [...]
>
>>set CVSROOT=:sspi:pc2:/test
>

> If I recall, SSPI won't work in a workgroup setting.  I'd suggest trying
> one of the security options that doesn't involve SSPI, such as pserver
> authentication.

SSPI works fine in a workgroup - it is my main development environment
when I'm not at work.

It looks like the machine has no localhost settiing... possibly meaning
it has no TCP/IP stack at all (possibly it's connecting via Nebeui?).
It's also possible that localhost has been removed from
\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts by someone/thing.