[cvsnt] Problem with cvstemp

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jan 1 16:34:05 GMT 2004

> Some of my cvs users are getting the message
> cvs [server aborted]: can't create temporary directory
> D:\Data\CVS\cvstemp/cvs-serv400a: Permission denied
> when they try any action towards my cvs server while others don't.
>
> I do not have any special permissions on the D:\data\cvs
> directory except full control for Admins and SYSTEM

Temp directory is the system temp dir by default unless you change it.  Make
sure everyone has appropriate permissions for that as well as your
repositories.  Also if you are using impersonation (on by default) you'll
need to allow the CVS users access.

I have documented one possible setup, you should be able to extrapolate to
what you want.  See:
http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl

Regards,

Glen Starrett