[cvsnt] Problem with cvstemp

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Jan 2 12:21:33 GMT 2004

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 11:27:26 +0000, Tony Hoyle <tmh at nodomain.org>
wrote:

>On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 08:33:09 +0100, Bo Berglund
><bo.berglund at telia.com> wrote:
>

>>In that case I would suggest that the installer creates the temp dir
>>for CVS in a place *not* inside Windows\* or Documents and Settings\*
>>and that it sets the permissions for this dir so that everyone will
>>have full control (including SYSTEM).
>>
>Creating the directory is fairly trivial...  setting the permissions
>is not.  The only way outisde the GUI I know of doing it is using the
>cacls.exe from the resource kit, and you can't rely on that being on a
>machine during installation.

I'm using cacls for this and I don't think it comes from the resource
kit. I belive that it is an integral part of the NT4-W2000-XP etc
distribution. There was once (or still is) a program called XCACLS
that was/is included with NT resource kit and is said to be enhanced
in some ways. But the basic function of cacls is OK for setting the
permissions on a temp dir.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)