[cvsnt] Latest Updates

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Sat Jan 3 18:35:40 GMT 2004

> 2.0.18 seemed generally OK, so this is only fixes and
> stabilisation of
> the features added over christmas.  Time to bash this one and
> make sure
> it's 100%.

Tony--You seem to have gotten away from the methodology from before, where
the middle number was the indication of 'stable' vs. 'developing'.  I
realize you're already on a VERY 'developing' 2.1 branch now with lots of
cool sounding stuff going in there, but the 2.0.x recent instability is IMHO
something that we should make sure is plain to casual users / visitors as
well.  Not sure what to suggest, jumping releases numbers could be even more
confusing.  Don't take it the wrong way, I'm just trying to think of it from
the 'new user experience' angle.

Regards,

Glen Starrett