[cvsnt] CVSNT, Eclipse and the prefix problem

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jan 8 10:52:32 GMT 2004

<filip.hoeven at pandora.be> wrote:

> 1) What is meant with "put the CVS repository on the same drive on
> which the CVSNT server software was installed".  Where on that drive?
> In the root or in the CVSNT server software folder?

I would recommend neither, but generally you're free to place it
whereever you like. Personally I'm not even sure why it should be on
the same drive. The only important thing IMO is that it is located on
the same machine as the server process.

>  2) What is meant
> with "a path that starts with a forward slash,
> e.g.,:sspi:servername:/test "?  We use "pserver"...

in that case it would obviously be :pserver:servername:/test

> 3) Does this
> also work for multiple cvs repositories?

Of course. They would have to share the same parent folder though, i.e.
you could have three repositories:

c:\Repos\Repo1
c:\Repos\Repo2
c:\Repos\Repo3

In that case you would set the prefix to "c:\Repos". You could then
access the repositories as:

:protocol:servername:/Repo1
:protocol:servername:/Repo2
:protocol:servername:/Repo3