[cvsnt] CVSNT, Eclipse and the prefix problem

filip.hoeven at pandora.be filip.hoeven at pandora.be
Thu Jan 8 12:29:39 GMT 2004

> There are no places where the full path is returned, though.
I guess that's what they mean... If this is the case (the full path is
returned), there is
no foolproof way of knowing if a path with prefix and one without refers to
the same
file/folder. The only way would be disabling the prefix as they mentioned,
but that
results in having the driveletter in the path, which is not very nice.

> The protocol wouldn't work otherwise.
I cannot really comment on this as I do not know the protocol nor your code.
Except
for the fact that I don't understand why it should be a problem. If
everywhere a relative
path (that's what the prefix does) is used as the reference to a
file/folder, there should
not be a problem for CVSNT as it knows the prefix to place in front of it
when it needs
it and the client doesn't care as far as I can see.

> Which FAQ?
CVSNT Version 1.11.1.3
The menu item:
    Start \ Programs \ CVS For NT \ Online Help \ FAQ and Help for
installing CVSNT
which links to:
    http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm

Regards,