[cvsnt] Re: Aargh!... How best to undo an import mistake...

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Thu Jan 8 14:40:44 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> Detecting that kind of situation doesn't sound so easy - in this case
> CVS gave you enough rope to hang yourself with and you gleefully did
> it...  If you've got any ideas though...

Well, for once it could have noticed that, sticking to my example, the
"V" which I gave as /release tag/, was the name of an already existing
branch. I don't think it should be allowed to use an already existing
tag (regardless of whether it's a branch or a tag) as release tag, at
least not without an additional option (similar to the -B that's
required to move or delete branch tags).

Anyway, so I guess it's replay from tape for me... :(

Cheers,

--
Oliver
JID:  ogiesen at jabber.org