[cvsnt] Re: How to prevent CVSNT from merging binary files?

Mark Young myoung at pyxisinnovation.com
Thu Jan 8 15:34:31 GMT 2004

Hello Hartmut,

I found the following message that you responded to on the CVSNT mailing
list. We are using the latest stable version of CVSNT (2.0.14) on a Windows
XP Pro server and we experience this problem. It seems that CVSNT tries to
merge files when the -kb option is specified.

What "current release" are you referring to when you say that the "current
release" of CVSNT fixes this behaviour?

Any help you can offer will be appreciated.

>> The -kb option disables keyword expansion and line ending conversion,
>> which is disireable for binary files in the archive.  It should have no
>> effect on how your file gets updated.  I'm not sure the best way to flag
>> a file to not be updated, for instance when you update the whole
>> directory containing that file, but this seems like a useful thing to
>> know if anyone else can provide the answer.

>The current release of CVSNT fixes this behaviour: -kb both disables
keyword
>expansion and prevents CVSNT from merging changes into your modified
sandbox
>files. If CVSNT needs to update a binary file that has been modified, it
>renames the local copy to ".#foo.revision" and gives you a clean copy
>(instead of trying to merge the repository changes into the local file).

-Hartmut

Thank you,
Mark.
Mark Young