[cvsnt] CVSNT on Windows XP Pro won't work (Using TortoiseCVS as client)

Matt Hall matt_hall44 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 11 17:18:23 GMT 2004

Hi

Ive got CVSNT on a Windows XP Pro 'server' computer, and I want to have a
CVS system for my programming project. I've installed it using the install
program and run through what steps I could on the help section. I have two
folders on my local drive (c), c:\cvsrepo, and c:\cvstemp.

Now, when I set up the reposistries in the control panel applet, i set
CVSROOT to C:/cvsrepo.

Then I added a repositry called ispn. I was forced to type in the cvsroot
value, then the folder name i wanted. So i put in 'c:/cvsrepo/ispn'.

I was asked to initialise the folder or something, so I did and it created a
whole bunch of files in c:/cvsrepo/CVSROOT/ispn/.

Question 1:
Where am I meant to put my project files?

Question 2:
What is a module, and how do I set one up?

Question 3:
Is there anything else I need to do to complete the installation?

Regards,

Matt Hall
www.ispn-online.co.uk