[cvsnt] Re: Repos backup?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jan 11 19:07:36 GMT 2004

Chris Trueman wrote:
> Just curious to see if backing up a CVS repository is as simple as
> archiving every file in the repos directory?  And if that's done, can a
> repository be moved from machine to machine just by copying the folders -
> will CVS start servicing the new repos when it is restarted?

You can archive by just copying files - I use rsync to keep the backup
of the cvsnt main repository up to date.

However checked out sandboxes have a record of where they came from, so
you'd need something like the WinCVS ChangeRoot macro or maybe X-Replace
to change all of them to the new repository.