[cvsnt] Solaris 8 and 2.0.20?

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Mon Jan 12 13:28:39 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 00:03:22 +1100, Carl Brewer
<carl at bl.echidna.id.au> wrote:

>I'm playing around with 2.0.20 now on Solaris 8 with gcc 3.3.2,
>and am seeing a few compile-time problems.  This may be a bodgey
>gcc issue, so before I go sending in any bug reports or beating around
>trying to fix it, is anyone else using Solaris 8 and having any luck
>compiling?  I managed to get 2.0.12 to compile a few months back with
>some makefile hackage, but everything since has not compiled.

It should work - solaris support was sorted out a few versions ago.
Unfortunately the releases aren't tested on it as I haven't got a copy
(I got the ISO but it won't install under VMWare... and there' s no
spare machines to dedicate to it).  Any breakage is likely to be minor
I'd expect.