[cvsnt] Re: Can't Access CVSNT wiki from Mac with Safari

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jan 13 16:31:16 GMT 2004

On Tue, 13 Jan 2004 10:52:28 -0500, Chris Little <cslittle at mac.com>
wrote:

>Has something changed in the setup of the CVSNT webserver recently?  Since
>Monday I haven't been able to access http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/ from my Mac
>laptop using Safari.  Whenever I try I get 403 Forbidden error message.  I
>can view the wiki from IE on my Mac.  It isn't the setup of my laptop
>because the same problem occurs from other Mac's here.

What are you sending as your user agent string?  Safari isn't in my
banned list, so that shouldn't be a problem.... possibly it's sending
something that matches one of the web strippers...

 I did a quick regex match with my list and couldn't find any match on
the default Safari string (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X;
en-us) AppleWebKit/85 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/85)