[cvsnt] Is there something like cvsignore but for versioned files?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jan 14 23:41:54 GMT 2004

> If I'm understanding the doc correctly, cvsignore is just for
> non-cvs files
> (right?).

Cvsignore tells cvs to, well, ignore non-cvs files and suppress the "?
filename" message when you update, checkin, etc.  If you have a file that
matches cvsignore but is in fact a cvs file, then CVS still update / commits
it.

> If so, is there any feature that works like CVS ignore but
> for files that
> are under CVS's control?

To 'hide' files from a sandbox, you should look at the modules file.  It
lets you define virtual modules that point to real ones, but can be
assembled differently.  Not a very good explanation perhaps, but I hope you
understand :)

Regards,

Glen Starrett