[cvsnt] CVS Time Zone Bug

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 15 10:44:27 GMT 2004

jchamlin at ibsys.com wrote:
> I did some research and I bet the problem lies with this issue. It seems in
> the earlier versions of NT the stat() and fstat() commands in Windows were
> broken (they are supposed to return time in UTC, but they were still

Actually it's all versions...

> heard that Microsoft fixed the problem in NTSP3, and I bet the developers of

Instead they published a KB article saying they were never going to fix
it...  This means it's impossible to rely on dates on a Windows system,
unfortunately.  See http://www.codeproject.com/datetime/dstbugs.asp

> Hmm... frusterating. Anyone have a clue what's going on? I guess they're all
> open source, I could go fix them all. ;-)

Only CVSNT handles dates correctly on NT.  The Unix CVS builds do not
have a fixed version - they break every time there's a DST change.