[cvsnt] Code synchronization

Bo Berglund Bo.Berglund at system3r.se
Thu Jan 15 17:26:55 GMT 2004

The name CVS = Concurrent Version System,
this means that it is designed for people to actually work
at the same time on the same stuff.
If you want to block others from checking out a module because
you have it checked out then use another product...

But CVS handles the concurrency very good, no need to worry as
along as you use text sources. It is not possible to successfully
merge concurrent edits to binary files and therefore these files
should be avoided.

There is a mechanism for reserved edits in CVS thta possibly will
be useful to you.
Search for cvs and reserved edit and you will find some reading.

/Bo