[cvsnt] sspi rejects access when nt domain password changes

Hakan Dilek hdilek at eng.marmara.edu.tr
Wed Jan 21 06:25:55 GMT 2004

cvsnt 2.0.14,

      I  am  using  sspi  protocol  authenticating with NT domain user
      accounts.  but,  when  a  user changes his domain user password,
      authentication  with  the sspi protocol fails with the following
      message:

      cvs [commit aborted]: unrecognized auth response from istk023a:
      cvs [server aborted]: Authentication protocol rejected access

      Meanwhile,  the  following  event  is  written  in  the  servers
      security logs:

Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff