[cvsnt] Problem comitting a file

Issberner, Sven 3767 S-IS-RD-P22 Sven.Issberner at heidelberg.com
Wed Jan 21 06:52:05 GMT 2004

I just updated my server from a very old cvsnt version to 2.0.20.
Now we encountered the following problem :

One of the developers tried to commit a file. The operation started normally
with the expected output in WinCvs. But never finishes.
In the repository I could see, that a temporary file was created, e.g. ",foo.h,".
The only way out was to stop the cvs process from WinCvs. The temporary
file in the repository was not removed.

The only difference for that file I discovered is, that there only exists one single
revision of the file in the repository. But it has a lot of branches and tags on it.

Btw the commit was to a branch and not to the trunk. Playing around a little bit
on a test repository I discovered that comitting the same file to the trunk and not
to a specific branch works.

I also tried the same with cvsnt 2.0.19 with the same results.
I checked the access rights. But they 're ok.
After that I downgraded to 2.0.14 and everythings works as expected.

Our repository is located on a Windows server. We use sspi as protocol.

Regards
Sven

Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG
Research & Development