[cvsnt] Re: Install on Windows NT

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 22 17:46:45 GMT 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 17:34:17 -0000, "Peter Crowther"
<Peter.Crowther at melandra.com> wrote:

><Wry chuckle>.  And we *still* see NT4 systems with SP1 (lots), SP3
>(lots) and SP4 (fewer).  Of the clients we visit, SP6 seems to be the
>exception rather than the rule.  Too many IT departments out there that
>are (a) lazy or (b) not tinkering with things that appear to work.

So why are they  installing CVSNT?

If they won't give permission to install an essential Microsoft
upgrade that's been rolled out for years, then I can't see them liking
someone installing something like CVSNT.

SP6 is a prerequisite for CVSNT... I cannot support anything lower
than that (basically because the MS compiler won't generate code that
runs on anything lower than that anyway).