[cvsnt] Permission Problems

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jan 23 16:08:25 GMT 2004

Mathew Plattz wrote:

> Thanks very much :)  Now i just need to wait for this long weekend to
> finish (which just started :/) so I can get back in the office and get
> this working! )

Why wait?  Practice at home!  =)

> Few final questions if you [extremely] helpful guys don't mind answering.
>
> 1)  Do I have to enable "ntserver" in CP?

No.  That is an old protocol that has been replaced by SSPI.

> 2)  Do I have to restart the server after changing the options?

No.  Depending on the option, at most you would have to restart the
service (AFAIK).

> 3)  Is there a guide anywhere, to once the server is working to how I
> want it, to "securing" it?  Disable all the protocols which are not
> needed, testing it for vunerabilties etc?  One of the repositories is
> for Documents, which will contain all our company's highly important
> papers and documents...

Not that I'm aware of.  I put together a wiki page to help get your NTFS
permissions locked down (http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/SetAcl), but that
doesn't address 'hardening' CVSNT.  To disable unused protocols, just
remove the *_protocol.dll that you aren't using.

> Thanks again :)

You're welcome!