[cvsnt] Re: cvsnt 2.0.19 (and 2.0.22, not 2.0.21), cvs up -C works only for :local:

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Sun Jan 25 18:31:14 GMT 2004

Mark Levedahl wrote:

> This feature seemed to work in 2.0.21, but is broken again in 2.0.22. I
> wonder if a more direct approach might be in order in update.c. I might be
> missing something obvious, but cannot fathom why cvs doesn't just get rid of
> the offending file when it is identified rather than hoping some serpentine
> logic will rediscover this later:

..because if the update fails, your file will be deleted and you will be
left with no file.

There are no changes at all that could affect update -C between 2.0.21
and 2.0.22....  It's always been a bit random (I maintain that it's
never worked reliably anyway - certainly not for me) and I suspect a
change to the protocol is required - some kind of overwrite instruction.