[cvsnt] How to import code changes into a branch ?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 16:57:32 GMT 2004

Masanori Watanabe wrote:

>My problme is that we occasionally need to accept the
>code changes from outside programmers or vendors.
>I want to use 'import' function to take these changes
>into our repository.
>But I could not figure out how I can import sources
>into a specific Branch instead of main trunk.

The import always imports on a branch, but it might not be the way you
want.  It sounds like you should try something like this:

--Create the branch
--Check out the source on that branch
--Overwrite the sandbox with the vendor's supplied code
--Commit the updated sandbox

Would that do what you want?