Vedr.: [cvsnt] Re: List files with same tag

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Tue Jan 27 17:05:46 GMT 2004

jml at nykredit.dk wrote:

>I tried "cvs -n checkout -r tag module", but it won't work unless the
>module is already checked out (odd when you think about it).

Do you have a cvsroot environment variable set?  If not, try "cvs -d
{mycvsroot} -n co -r tag module".

>I also tried "cvs ls -lR -r tag" command, and it died:
>
><snip>
>.
>cvs server: cannot open
>i:/cvsrepos/AlmenPC/src/data_Struktur/arkiv3/Stam4.PX,v: Too many open
>files
>cvs server: could not read RCS file for
>AlmenPC/src/data_Struktur/arkiv3/Stam4.PX
>cvs server: cannot open

Is your repository on a network drive relative the CVS Server service?
i: has me suspicious.  You should never have a repository across a
network drive (sandbox on network drive is ok only if you are willing to
live with some issues).

Which version of CVS[NT] are you using?  Try "cvs version" in a sandbox.