[cvsnt] Lockserver on Linux

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jan 29 10:33:36 GMT 2004

Glen Starrett wrote:

> I based it off of a couple scripts that were present.  One thing I don't
> know how to do is grab the config information from /etc/cvsnt/PServer
> and take the LockServerPort setting (does the Lock Server check the
> config file LockServer setting??)

On Unix, no... I never got around to adding the code to read it.  The
CVS server will read that setting but you have to manually pass it to
cvslockd at the moment.

> Tony--I assume that you've changed the lock server setting location to
> the main config file for 2.0.23, is that correct?  It has been removed
> from the config file, but I'm not sure if it was the last upgrade that
> removed it or not.

That's just the global default if nothing else is set in the config
files.  The config file method will still work.

> Also, there's no mention of the PServer in the man files.  Not that I
> don't know where to go for advice, mind you :)

There's no up to date man pages for the unix version - I haven't got the
faintest idea how to go about writing one.