[cvsnt] pserver change (??) between 2.0.10 and 2.0.23

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jan 29 18:11:44 GMT 2004

Tony Hoyle wrote:

> It shouldn't accept -D at all probably... it does it so that the Linux
> client can use the Windows server, but there's probably a way of
> failing it if you try it on a Linux server.

That's what I was thinking--not applicable to Linux client, should toss
an error or ignore it or something.  I did it while logged in as root
using local mode to set my permissions.

> You'll get PAM authentication if it's enabled (check the output from
> configure) and SystemAuth=Yes.  PAM is pretty much mandatory if you're
> using things like shadow passwords.

Well, the config.log says it found PAM.  Should there be a cvs file in
pam.d?  (there isn't).  SystemAuth was commented out, but I set it to
=yes just in case then committed it.  Then I removed my user from passwd
(it was the only one in there) and then later remove the entire passwd
file.   The login failed in both circumstances.  Am I missing something?

Regards,