[cvsnt] Update problems with 1.11.16 server?

Chuck Kirschman Chuck.Kirschman at bentley.com
Thu Jul 1 15:39:36 BST 2004

I run cvs -nq update twice, and get different results.  The first set is
wrong, the second is right.  During the first update, I modified a file
in the score directory.  It doesn't appear in the list (I wouldn't
expect it to), but from that point on cvs generated the warnings instead
of the modified messages.  Even a trivial change such as adding and
deleting a space so the file is exactly the same but the mod time
changes causes the issue.  My 1.11.17 client seems to handle it
correctly.

Thanks
chuck

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.0.41a (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11.16 (client/server)

-------------------
M stn/dlapps/epcell/epcoff.mc
M stn/score/lcell.c
cvs update: warning: stn/score/privinc/sielems.h was lost
cvs update: warning: stn/score/privinc/ilstyle.fdf was lost
cvs update: warning: stn/score/sharelib/shcell.c was lost

M stn/dlapps/epcell/epcoff.mc
M stn/score/lcell.c
M stn/score/privinc/sielems.h
M stn/score/privinc/ilstyle.fdf