[cvsnt] Re: cvs [server aborted]: Couldn't connect to lock server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jul 2 07:34:55 BST 2004

Kevin wrote:

> I did issue 'cvs ls' command from another PC in the same workgroup.
>
> CVSROOT is like this: test at cvsserver:/test (sspi authentication)
>
> lockserver is the default one: localhost, port: 2402
>
> No firewall installed.
>
> However,  I can do 'Import' operation.

It sounds like the server can't connect to it's own lockserver.  Could
be HOSTS is messed up (needs the localhost entry), maybe the LockServer
service isn't running, firewall interference, etc.

When on the server, try doing a "telnet localhost 2402" and see what you
get.  It should respond with "CVSLock 2.0 Ready" if it's working properly.

--
Glen Starrett