[cvsnt] Re: Problem listing modules on NT4 Server

Jon McLin jmclin at andigilog.com
Fri Jul 2 16:07:05 BST 2004

Jon McLin wrote:
>>>The perceived problem:  "cvs ls" attempts to list directories in a
>>>subdirectory of the repository, with the same name as the repository:
>>>ie, my repository is "LearnCVS", cvsnt attempts to list modules in
>>>"LearnCVS/LearnCVS"
>>
>>You probably set your Repository Prefix too deep.  In your case it
>>should be "E:\cvsrepo", and NOT "E:\cvsrepo\LearnCVS".  From other
>>comments though, that might not be the case??  It could be a bug, but I
>>haven't seen it happen.
>>
>>What is in your modules file?  How are your repositories configured
>>(control panel applet info)?
>>
>>--
>>Glen Starrett
>

> Glen,
> Thanks for the response.
> Modules file is the default - 26 lines of comments only, no entries.
> In the control panel:
> -	Repositories Tab
> 	-	"Repositories Prefix" is checked.
> 	-	Repository Prefix selection is "E:/cvsrepo"
> 	-	"Valid Repository Roots" contains a single entry "/LearnCVS"
>
> Do note again that this is on NT4 Terminal Server:
> CVSNT 2.0.41a on an NT4 server SP6, Terminal Server Edition.
>
> I may try to setup the same configuration on a Win2K workstation box just to
> see if the behavior is different.
>
> Best regards,
> Jon McLin

I have confirmed that this is a bug manifest by NT4.  An identical CVSNT
configuration was created on an XP workstation box, and with this XP
installatino 'cvs ls' properly lists the modules within the repository.
  Bug #50 has been created accordingly (although the OS is "other", as
NT4 is not listed!)