[cvsnt] Re: problem converting binary file to unicode

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 8 11:18:42 BST 2004

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 18:12:48 +0400, Iakov Glubokiy
<iglubokiy at infotecs.ru> wrote:

>We have just moved to cvsnt from traditional cvs and have met a weird
>problem trying to change subst mode from -kb to -ku.

You can't easily do that, because the storage format is different.
Forcing a new revision might work but you might have to do it a couple
of times to step past the binary revisions.

>So, the question is: are we do something wrong? If not, is there more
>straight way to correctly convert binary files to unicode?
>
>CVSNT ver 2.0.41a at server (Linux) and client (Win2K).

Conversion binary->unicode will always be a problem, because you're
changing the way it's stored in the RCS file.  The code does its best
but is much happier if the files are unicode to start with.