[cvsnt] sspi protocol

Steve Forsyth steveforsyth at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 10 00:15:45 BST 2004

Again, excuse my lack of knowledge in the networking side of things... but,
I just want to verify that in order to use sspi, the server must be
authenticated to a domain?... and the username/login would have to belong to
that domain?

I'm asking because I have a home computer that I am trying to use the ext
wrapper for sspi, I couldn't login due to authentication issues and then I
realized that I don't have my server as part of a domain.

So... I'm just going to go down the list:
pserver (extremely unsecure)
ssh1  (has been hacked, so probably not the best route)
sspi & ext:sspi  (server must be logged into a domain)
and
ssh2  (the only one left)

OH, in case you don't know me by now... I'm limited to the above if I want
to use the built in cvs client within Eclipse.

Please let me know if my assumptions are wrong  :)

Thanks,
Steve