[cvsnt] Re: how to config the CVSNT server

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Mon Jul 12 17:26:33 BST 2004

Frank Pan wrote:

> Hello all, I had a CVSNT v2.0.41a problem in Win2000 Pro server
> configuration.  I logged with an administrator onto the server and
> installed the CVSNT software.  Then I tried to use some instructions
> to let the CVS system to recognize the administrator.  What I did
> are:

> 1.  set cvsroot to :pserver:administrator at firebox-700:/TEST  (Note:
> firebox-700 is my server name)

> 2.  in cvsroot folder, created a ".passwd" text file and put
> "administrator:" in the first line.  Also I created a admin file and
> put the "administrator" in the first line.
Remove the passwd file--you don't need it if you're using an account
that exists in NT server.

> 3.  open command window and run the command:

> cvs passwd -a administrator From the instructions I got, I should be
> prompted to enter a password BUT I didn't.  Instead an error message
> says "there is no administrator user in the passwd file".  I don't
> know why.
>
> My cvs repository folder is d:\cvsrepo\test.  Do I need to use
> d:\cvsrepo\test to replace the TEST in the step 1 above?

Assuming that you have your repos named test then "/test" is correct
(check the control panel applet for the name of your repository).

Once you've removed the passwd file, you should be able to:

	cvs -d :pserver:administrator at firebox-700:/TEST login
	cvs -d :pserver:administrator at firebox-700:/TEST ls

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett