[cvsnt] Re: authorization failed... rejected access...

Ann Lynnworth ann at href.com
Mon Jul 12 23:06:26 BST 2004

I installed version 2.0.46, which was marked most recent / most stable.

CVSNT doesn't use the Windows registry, does it?

Do you know what happens first in the Install Shield installation, after
all the questions and you say "okay yes go!"?  That step crashes
immediately; it never puts any % complete marks on the screen.  Does the
installer try to register the LSA helper even on NT 4 ?  If so then that
would explain a lot.

I tried the -t -t -t part and got a slightly chattier version of the same
error. The extra info was

-> main loop with CVSROOT etc
Logging in to ...
-> Connecting to ...
cvs login: authorization failed: server blah rejected accessto /path/ for
username

Okay, so impersonation is out on NT 4.  I'll change the configuration and
try another way.  THANKS VERY MUCH.

Ann