[cvsnt] cvs checkout -d gives error instead of updating

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jul 13 12:19:54 BST 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:08:33 +0200, "David Somers"
<dsomers at trevezel.com> wrote:

>I think you'll find you just can't go using the same command for both
>checkout and update... that is why there are two separate commands, one for
>checkout and one for update, and not a unified command that does both.

You can but it must be exactly the same command, issued from the same
directory.  If you change anything then it'll conflict.

eg.

D:\t>cvs co -d foo cvsroot
cvs checkout: Updating foo
U foo/checkoutlist
U foo/commitinfo
U foo/config
U foo/cvsrc
U foo/cvswrappers
U foo/editinfo
U foo/historyinfo
U foo/loginfo

D:\t>cvs co -d foo cvsroot
cvs checkout: Updating foo
cvs checkout: Updating foo/itest
cvs checkout: Updating foo/uptest
cvs checkout: Updating foo/uptest/a
cvs checkout: Updating foo/uptest/b

btw. as seen above it works fine when done this way.