[cvsnt] cvs problem

Shihab K B shihab_kb at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 14 06:46:55 BST 2004

Hi,

I have a problem with cvs now. I created a branch
Named Version_2_2. I can check out the project with
this branch name. But when I am trying to add a new
file from some sudirectories its giving the error "cvs
server: cannot add file on non-branch tag". In these
directories CVS/Tag file containg NVersion_2_2. But I
can add files from some other subdirectories. I maild
to lots of mailing lists. I got reply that after
creating the branch Version_2_2, somebody may create a
revision with same name. But in a sample repository I
done the same senario. Some times it happening the
problem, some time it does not happening the problem.

My cvs server is Redhat linux and clients are using
WinCVS from Win2K.

Please give me some suggessions.

thanks in advance

Shihab.