[cvsnt] Re: How do I add a single file?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Wed Jul 14 22:12:40 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> I'm sure I'm using the recent cvsnt client. I tried it again, this time
> (using cmd.exe instead of bash) I'm trying to save my changes in the
> repository. What does this error mean: "Up-to-date check failed"?

That means that the server thinks there is a more recent version of the
file available, as if someone else had committed that file after you had
checked it out.

> This is in reponse to creating a new sandbox, modifying a file with the
> editor and commiting it. That is an appropriate sequence, is it not?

Yes, that's appropriate.

Normally, when you get the up-to-date check error, you have to do an
update to merge in the latest changes to that file.  However, with the
sequence you describe, that shouldn't happen (unless there is someone
else with very good timing updating that file).

What version of server are you using?  You can check with "cvs version"
in a sandbox (not the lack of a -).  What happens when you do a "cvs up"
just before the commit?

--
Glen Starrett