[cvsnt] Re: How do I add a single file?

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Thu Jul 15 18:06:22 BST 2004

Siegfried Heintze wrote:

> (5) I used cvs -d :pserver:Siegfried at 192.168.0.8/TESTCVSROOT add
> makefile.g77 and it worked! I used a commit and it worked. I edit a file,
> save it and checkin worked! Hurray! This has been a brutal struggle!

Glad it's working.  The moral of this story:  Don't mix your *nix and
Win32 versions of CVS...

> Now, here is my question: can I salvage my original repository that I
> created with the command "cvs -d /cygdrive/c/CONVEX init"? I've tried using
> service control panel to change the repository name from C:/CONVEX to
> /CONVEX.  Of course, at this time, I abandoned the /c//CONVEX syntax in
> favor of the /CONVEX syntax. When this did not work either, I used the
> service control panel to switch the name of my repository back again to
> C:/CONVEX and tried to use the /C//CONVEX syntax.

You should be able to:
1) Create a new repository, or choose one you have created that works.

2) Copy all the ,v files with their directory structure (WITHOUT the
CVSROOT directory) into the new repository.

> I can sure think of a lot things that would improve that documentation in
> the cvsnt chm file.

I would encourage you to contribute your suggestions or updated
documentation.  Tony seems very willing to get some help with the docs.

--
Glen Starrett