[cvsnt] Re: scripts loosing execute permissions

Glen Starrett grstarrett at cox.net
Fri Jul 16 18:30:41 BST 2004

Lehman, Curtis wrote:

> I tried what you suggested above. I also checked for a .cvsrc file.
> I don't have a .cvsrc file in my home directory and there is nothing
> in the cvsrc file on the server. Below is the trace of commands I
> did and there output.

That all looks the same as what I did, but with different result.  Did
you check into the notes in Tony's post?  That is, are you using NTFS on
the drive where you have your repository?

I'm not sure what he meany by "you can check with cygwin ls" because
even with the x bit set the RCS file looks like a normal read-only file
to me.  I do see though in the RCS file a line "permissions	775;" at rev
1.2 where it was 664 when exec wasn't set on the file (I've attached it
for reference).

Note: I did verify this by going from my Linux to XP server.  Previous
tests were linux -> liunux.

--
Glen Starrett

RCS File
===================================
head	1.2;
access;
symbols;
locks; strict;
comment	@# @;

1.2
date	2004.07.16.17.20.19;	author gstarret;	state Exp;
branches;
next	1.1;
deltatype	text;
permissions	775;
commitid	cfc40f80e524c02;
kopt	kv;
filename	runme;

1.1
date	2004.07.16.17.19.35;	author gstarret;	state Exp;
branches;
next	;
deltatype	text;
permissions	664;