[cvsnt] Re: How to exclude certain file types from import command?

Oliver Giesen ogware at gmx.net
Sat Jul 17 07:07:16 BST 2004

> I don't want to delete the exe files but I don't want to put them in the
> repository either. How can I use the import command? Can I program it to
> exclude certain file types? From the response to an earlier question about
> binary v. text files and the import command, I guess I cannot.

Yes, you can and it's also documented. The -I option on import is used for
that, e.g.

cvs import -I*.exe -n MyModule

If you want to exclude multiple file types you should repeat the -I option
accordingly, e.g.:

cvs import -I*exe -I*dll -n MyModule

> Can I import files one at a time instead of importing an entire directory?

No, Import always works on directories, not files. You could however use the
Add command for individual files.

Hope this helps.

--
Oliver