[cvsnt] may be bug? encryption required:

Julian Brierley JulianBrierley at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 21 12:05:42 BST 2004

Rune Christensen wrote:
> Hello
>
> If I remember correctly you can delete the pserver_protocol.dll and after
> that it will not be possible to use pserver to log on to a Windows CVSNT
> Server.
>
> Cheers
> Rune

You can remove the pserver_protocol DLL and stop the login.

However my understanding is that a client which attempts a pserver login
will send the trivially encoded password to the server in the BEGIN AUTH
REQUEST before the server is able to refuse the login.
Therefore if you want your passwords to only be securely transmitted
tell your users not to attempt a pserver login.
sserver encrypts all information after the initial BEGIN SSL AUTH
REQUEST connection string.
See http://www.cvsnt.org/cvsclient/Connection-string.html

Julian