[cvsnt] Tag entire repository

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 22 16:30:46 BST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:27:49 -0400, "keith d. zimmerman"
<lists at kdz13.net> wrote:

>The way we were doing things was to run rtag on the top of the sandbox
>at the time that we ran our build script.  But since our repository is
>so large this could take a *long* time.  Users were complaining about
>getting lock errors, etc, etc.  So we changed the script.

The new version only ever locks individual files so that isn't an
issue any more - directory level locks have been removed (assuming the
lockserver is used, which is the default)  For a while CVSNT has had
checkout atomicity which also works with rtag - partial commits aren't
tagged (or shouldn't be, anyway).