[cvsnt] Re: GUI interface and "repository prefix"

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 22 17:11:15 BST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:51:02 -0500, "Carl T. Dreher"
<focusrsh at arn.net> wrote:

>I've been trying to get CVSNT to work with Eclipse.  I keep seeing all
>these warnings about setting a "repository prefix".  A search of the
>site came up with lots of uses of the phrase but not one sticking
>definition of what it is!

It's gone, in the next stable release (to be done in a couple of hours
probably..)

Every repository now has a name & an alias, so in some senses you
could say that everything uses the prefix now..  See
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/Remote-repositories.html#Repository-Alias
(OK not much.. maybe I should change it to 'mostly harmless')

The prefix was/is designed to allow CVS repositories to be stored
anywhere on your machine, without revealing the disk structure to the
world.  It also helps with Unix clients that dont like drive letters.