[cvsnt] Setting up CVS on an old server, what are the requirements?

Paul Nusbaum paul.nusbaum at cgi.com
Thu Jul 22 20:11:43 BST 2004

Hi there !

I am a new CVSNT user - I've very briefly used WinCVS client in the past,
but have been tasked to set up a CVSNT server for a team of approx 8 Java
developers on my project.

I was just curious how hardware-dependent CVS is?

I may be given an old 486 server to work with (the project has a small
budget ;) as a starting point.

I guess I'd be looking at an older version of Windows in this case, I'm
assuming NT 4.0, but not too sure if anything newer will work on an older
machine.

In any case - do you know if CVS, with a fairly small team and fairly small
amount of code, will work well on a 486 ?

(I don't have the specs yet unfortunately :-(

Thanks !

-PaN