[cvsnt] Re: How can I find all files removed in a directory

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Jul 27 12:00:26 BST 2004

On 7/26/04 21:27:36, zhuyunchuan wrote:

> While using 'cvs remove', the file would be removed from local dir and
> set 'dead' in the repo. If I want to know which file had been removed,
> what should I do?

I got curious and tried to do that, which yielded some odd results...

"cvs ls [module]" seems to list all files, including the ones that have
been removed -- but without a possibility to distinguish between removed
files and files that are still active, at least not that I could tell. But
it is possible to restrict the output to a single directory.

"cvs history" seems to allow filtering to show only removed files, but I
couldn't restrict the output to the data in a specific module. "cvs history
-x R -l" (only removed files, and only last entry for each file) shows me
seemingly all removed files in my repository. But adding the -n [module]
option always gives me the result "No records selected". The -w option also
doesn't seem to work: in a directory that doesn't have any removed files,
it has the same result as the -n option, but in a directory that does have
some, it shows all removed files from the whole repository. There must be
something I'm doing wrong.

Gerhard