[cvsnt] Re: unable checkout file by tag

Iakov Glubokiy iglubokiy at infotecs.ru
Tue Jul 27 15:52:40 BST 2004

Hello Tony,

TH> If your val-tags file has been altered/corrupted in some way it'll
TH> rebuild it by scanning the entire repository.  It will only do this as
TH> a last resort though if there's no other way of verifying the
TH> existence of the tag... I've never seen it in real use (all versions
TH> of CVS have this mode, but few ever see it).

sounds reasonable... It really looks like this file is being rebuilt
when I want to get project by tag.
What this file for and what may alter/corrupt it?

We have commit script, which sends email notifications and tag script,
which restricts tag operations and send email notifications.
We also have traditional cvs for tests, but it listens nonstandart port
and nobody works with it for long time.

--
Best regards,
 Iakov                            mailto:iglubokiy at infotecs.ru