[cvsnt] Re: The 2.0.51 version service hung on starting....

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Jul 29 17:57:27 BST 2004

Lehman, Curtis wrote:

> I'm trying to install the 2.0.51 version of CVSNT on a new server. The
> server is a dual processor system running the latest windows 2000, i.e.
> service pack 4 and all the security patches. The system has a gig of ram and
> a striped Raid 0 drivers. When the box starts up the CVSNT service claims to
> get hung even though it looks like it's running. The event log reports "The
> CVSNT service hung on starting.".  My IT person who is doing this for me
> believes that the problem is that CVSNT is starting up before other needed
> service have started up and so reports an error. Even though the event log

The 2.0.41 and 2.0.51 cvsservice are identical barring some minor
changes in line with MSDN docs (which won't affect startup as they're
not in that part of the code).

I wouldn't worry about it... it's probably just being a little slow
starting the service sometimes.

There are no needed services for the cvsservice so that isn't an issue.