[cvsnt] still filename and version on taginfo

Elisa Cargnel elisa.cargnel at enel.it
Tue Jun 1 10:01:17 BST 2004

>I couldn't find any example or documentation about it,

As the text says you have to read *standard input* not command line
arguments. So your script must get the list of files/revisions from
standard input.
This is changed from the way standard CVS works because the taginfo
script failed on Windows when there were many files with long names in
a module folder. The maximum length of the command line in Windows
(some 4000 characters) was exceeded and then the taginfo execution
exited with an error and the tagging failed. By moving to STDIN this
long information does no longer break tagging operations.
------------

Thank you very much for your explanation,
as this is something that I didn't tried before,
do you have any example on how to do this?
I'm tring to get the filename/version list
from a .bat file that is called in the taginfo file
I guess that it is something like:
< to_a_file
??
this of course doesn't work.