[cvsnt] How do I disable the Unix->Windows Line ending conversion?

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jun 2 11:55:06 BST 2004

>> How do I disable the Unix->Windows Line ending conversion?
>>
>> I am using CVSNT (2.0.41a) & TortoiseCVS (1.6.11). I am working with
>> windows development and some Unix development in perl.
>> All the perl files are edited on the Windows computer and distributed
>> via Ftp to the unix platform.

> Why you don't use a build script or ftp client, which makes the
> conversion for you?

Actually, if you use FTP transfer in ascii mode (rather than binary mode),
the server does the translation for you. That's the recommended method,
IMO. It allows you to edit the files on the Windows platform with all the
normal Windows tools, without having to take special care of those line end
characters. (And it fits in with the philosophy of other multi-platform
client-server tools like cvsnt... :)

Gerhard