[cvsnt] Re: need help for sspi on windows xp pro

Luc LeBlanc lleblanc at vital-sat.com
Wed Jun 2 12:37:01 BST 2004

Hi,

I can connect with local protocol but when I try using sspi or pserver I
keep getting respectively

"cvs [checkout aborted]: Can't authenticate - server and client cannot agree
on an authentication scheme (got '')"

Or

"cvs [login aborted]: Error reading from server CVSSERVER: -1: Unkown error"

 I typed type 'cvs -t -t -t pserver' on the command line

And got

This->

C:\WINDOWS>cvs -t -t -t pserver

  -> Tracelevel set to 3.  PID is 3444

  -> Session ID is d74404f0ec60000

some crap alright

cvs [server aborted]: bad auth protocol start: some crap alright

error

So the server is supposed to be working I think?

Then I tried this

Set cvsroot=:sspi:cvsserver:/TEST

Cvs passwd -r username -a wr

And got this

".failed the target machine actively refused it."

Regards

Luc