[cvsnt] Re: calling cvs client from a hook script

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Sat Jun 5 07:35:17 BST 2004

On Fri, 4 Jun 2004 18:17:42 -0300, "Daniel Lapolla"
<ldlapolla at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm thinking about creating a taginfo and a commitinfo hook scripts that,
>among other things, runs a cvs rlog on the tagged/commited files.
>
>Is this an advisable practice? I'm concerned if this practice can end up
>creating a deadlock ou some other problem.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Daniel

I think the affected files have been locked by CVSNT at this point in
time and your cvs operations from within the script on the same module
will probably fail because of this....
To my knowledge the only script that executes after the locks have
been released again is the postcommit script.
And you have to be careful of the CVSNT version if you use that
because in some versions the locks were not released. I use postcommit
to update a website on commits and got the lock error until I updated
the CVSNT server version.

/Bo
(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)