[cvsnt] Re: calling cvs client from a hook script

Pat Galea wlist at dudegalea.co.uk
Tue Jun 8 08:35:15 BST 2004

Daniel Lapolla wrote:
> I'm doing some tests in a WinXP workstation and CVSNT 2.0.41 and the file
> being tagged doesn't seems to be locked when my taginfo script runs the cvs
> rlog (at least it gets rlogged). Is this a normal behavior thant I can base
> my scripts on? Or it's buggy and will be corrected in the next versions?

I'm doing something very similar to you, except that I'm using cvs log
(not rlog).

Same results here. commitinfo (and verifymsg) scripts can't run cvs log
because the item has been locked by the time the script is being run.
taginfo is fine.

And, like you, I'd be interested in knowing if this will continue to
work. I have scripts that absolutely depend on this.

Regards
Pat Galea