[cvsnt] Re: sspi protocol

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Tue Jun 8 11:46:08 BST 2004

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:09:04 +0200, "Bo Berglund"
<Bo.Berglund at system3r.se> wrote:

>When the new service packs are installed Microsoft is adding a firewall
>component to the PC and I think it is enabled by default. This breaks
>the CVSNT service.

It doesn't actually (I run XP SP2 at home).  You just have allow
network access to port 2401 (which will happen automatically - you'll
get a 'Do you want to allow access' popup the first time it starts up,
then you just hit yes and everything else works) - MS at least write
firewalls that don't totally screw up the system (just wish others
would).

Win2000 isn't getting more updates AFAIK so it wouldn't affect that.

>I've got the same problem on a w2k pro + sp4 system.
>But there are no any firewalls installed. It seems to
>me that problem appeared after regular Windows Update.

Run cvsdiag and have a look at protocol stack - you'll probably find
there's an AV/Firewall hooking into it.   There's a link to a program
that fixes it in the FAQ.